[Glade-users] How To Change the content of the main container

On Tue, 2009-08-25 at 11:11 +0100, Lukasz Gromotowicz wrote:

2009/8/25 Domenico Nappo <domenico.nappo at gmail.com>
        Hi There,

        How can I design and develop a gui application that, in
        response of an event (e.g. clicking on a toolbar button), it
        changes the content of main frame, like a notebook pages
        widget.
        I don't want to use a notebook widget because it's not correct
        for the UI logics.

What do you mean by this? You can hide / delete the standard notebook
tabs and switch the notebook pages in the 'on click' event of any
button.  I do it this way and it works fine.

I'd second this opinion. Actually notebook is a better solution than
show/hide parts of a vbox suggested by other poster. Just hide the tabs
and it looks exactly the same from the user standpoint with added
benefits for you as a programmer. It's more convenient to edit in Glade,
cause you'll see only one page at a time. It's more convenient to handle
in the program, cause no need to keep track of what is currently shown
so you can hide it, only change the current page. You can even make it
completely dynamic, building your child widget from some other glade
file on the fly and using remove_page/append_page.

        For example, clicking on a Search button, in the main
        container a search form would appear. Clicking on another
        button, the search form would disseappear (hiding it without
        destroying it) and a treeview widget should appear.

        How can I do that?

        Thanks in advance,

        --
        DN