[Glade-users] How To Change the content of the main container

2009/8/25 Lukasz Gromotowicz <gromot at gmail.com>

2009/8/25 Domenico Nappo <domenico.nappo at gmail.com>

Hi There,
How can I design and develop a gui application that, in response of an
event (e.g. clicking on a toolbar button), it changes the content of main
frame, like a notebook pages widget.
I don't want to use a notebook widget because it's not correct for the UI
logics.

What do you mean by this? You can hide / delete the standard notebook tabs
and switch the notebook pages in the 'on click' event of any button.  I do
it this way and it works fine.

Hi Lukasz,
thanks for your suggestion.
I didn't know it's possible to use a notebook tabbed pane in that way,
hiding tabs. I'll try this too.
I wouldn't use a standard tabbed pane (without the hiding trick) since my UI
should not permit to the user to navigate between the forms in a free way.
Of course, you can enable/disable notebook pages under certain conditions
but I thought there was a standard way to hide/show forms in a main view.
Thanks again!