[Glade-users] glade-3 and GtkActionGroup

On Apr 17, 2009, at 10:29 AM, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 1:38 AM, John Stebbins <stebbins at jetheaddev.com
wrote:
I thought about reserving a few entries and hiding them.  Probably
still
not a bad idea.  I don't know in advance how many entries I might
need.
But there's a practical limit.  I wouldn't want the menu to get
overly
large anyway. I get a list of all the physical dvd devices
connected to
the system using GtkVolumeMonitor and add them to the file menu for
quick access.  The application is a video transcoder called
HandBrake.

For a dynamic menu, you might also consider just building that submenu
on the fly, should be able to just hook into the activate-item on
the built
menuitem, and generate the submenu items from there at popup time...

Could you possibly give some example code for how to do this?  I've
been trying to attach my own submenu to an existing menuitem created
via glade and just can't get it to work.

-Jonathan