[Glade-users] glade-3 and GtkActionGroup

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 8:04 PM, John Stebbins <stebbins at jetheaddev.com> wrote:
[...]

I was able to do what you suggested.? Worked as expected.? But after I got
it done, I had a look at a piece of code that dynamically adds and removes
items from one of the menus.? This is pretty easy with
gtk_ui_manager_remove_ui() and gtk_action_group_remove_action.? But I don't
see any way to remove items from a GtkMenu.? I may just have to build the
whole menu in code instead of glade.

Ok, as I just said in another email, ui merging is just something we dont have
GTK+ wide, its GtkUIManager specific, GtkBuilder supports a round-about
way of loading menus via a uimanager object, currently from Glade though;
supporting GtkUIManager as a dual standard for building menus and toolbars
is just not worth it IMO just for the silly merge feature.

Out of curiousity, what is it that makes a menu merged with uimanager
better than a menu with actions of which some are hidden ?