[Glade-users] glade-3 and GtkActionGroup

On 04/15/2009 08:10 PM, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 7:34 PM, John Stebbins<stebbins at jetheaddev.com>  wrote:

I have an application that I converted from glade to gtkbuilder about a
year ago using gtk-builder-convert.This converted the menus to use
GtkUIManager and GtkActionGroup.  I'm using the latest svn version of
glade-3 and it seems to not support GtkActionGroup.  Is support planned
in the future, or am I going to have to manually convert the menus to
something glade will accept.  I've been manually maintaining this with
trusty old vi. I would like to start using glade again.

Sorry I dont plan on supporting GtkUIManager, but if you cut out your
UIManager and create new menus in Glade, you can at least attach
GtkActions to your menu items - this should allow you to do the switch
while continuing to use the action backends you had in place previously
owned by the UIManager.

If you do try this... let me know how it goes ;-)

I was able to do what you suggested.  Worked as expected.  But after I
got it done, I had a look at a piece of code that dynamically adds and
removes items from one of the menus.  This is pretty easy with
gtk_ui_manager_remove_ui() and gtk_action_group_remove_action.  But I
don't see any way to remove items from a GtkMenu.  I may just have to
build the whole menu in code instead of glade.