From: glade-users-bounces at lists.ximian.com
[mailto:glade-users-bounces at lists.ximian.com] On Behalf Of Jason Brisbane
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2007 8:29 PM
To: glade-users at lists.ximian.com
Subject: [Glade-users] problem with extra components in glade

Hello ALl,
I'm not sure if thsi is the right forum to ask this question but since I'm
doign the progrmming in Glade, I thought I'd ask.

I am trying to add mySQL to the glade program. I am following a tutorial
listed in 'MYSQL: Building User Interfaces' book that is mentioned on the
Sams Publishing website.

Glade autocreates the Autoconf and makefiles in a project Dir when you first
save abnd Build the project.

How do I get Glade to recognise the Mysql extras that I am calling in my
program?
When I include the '#include <mysql/mysql.h>' line I get a compile error
'unrecognised reference to 'mysql_init' '. if I follow the exdefiniton.com
solution and add the lines '-I/usr/niclude/mysql -L /usr/lib/mysql
-lmysqlclient' the program compiles..

So the makefile isnt finding or including the references to mysql.
Should the Glade makefile/autogen.sh program be searching for these extras
that I include?
If not, how do I modify the Makefile to inclue these, without me having to
manually add the extra lines to the gcc compile line?
(Which I cut and paste from a failed make and add the extra lines to the end
of....)

PS: I havent ever compiled c programs using makefiles and I havent done this
depth of compiling before - my experience has always been with windoze and I
want to get away from it and into Linux..
Thanks in advane.

Regards,
Jason Brisbane

Glade-users maillist  -  Glade-users at lists.ximian.com