[Glade-users] Translation, gtk labels, and gettext

On Fri, 2007-12-07 at 14:42 -0200, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:

On Dec 7, 2007 4:06 AM, Caleb Marcus <caleb.marcus at gmail.com> wrote:

        I'm now having issues with glade and gettext. I can run
        xgettext directly on the glade file, but that just produces a
        file with ALL the strings, not just the translatable ones. I
        can run intltool-extract on the glade file to produce a .h
        file, but running xgettext on the result doesn't produce any
        output unless I use the -a argument, which just extracts all
        the strings, which I don't want. What should I do?

I was under the impression that there is an intltool rule for this
(similar to INTLTOOL_XML_NOMERGE_RULE) that you can
add to your project's makefile to create myproject.glade from
myproject.glade.in .

although I just noticed that glade 2 used to dump translatable
strings
into a file for this purpose; IMO this should be the domain of
intltool
to extract translations from glade files (or gtkbuilder files).

I would recommend that you verify that such a rule doesnt exist
yet and file an rfe under intltool for that.

I don't have a makefile... I'm just using the .glade file with libglade
in Python.