[Glade-users] Translation, gtk labels, and gettext

I'm now having issues with glade and gettext. I can run xgettext
directly on the glade file, but that just produces a file with ALL the
strings, not just the translatable ones. I can run intltool-extract on
the glade file to produce a .h file, but running xgettext on the result
doesn't produce any output unless I use the -a argument, which just
extracts all the strings, which I don't want. What should I do?