[Glade-devel] [glade-3] minor GUI issues

On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 07:51:09PM +0200, Paolo Borelli wrote:
On Fri, 2004-05-07 at 18:10 +0100, Damon Chaplin wrote:
Here's a few minor GUI issues that I noticed:

 o Do we want to set the initial positions on windows like in glade-2?
   Currently they appear anywhere, not really in useful positions.
   (Ideally we'd save window positions between sessions, but I don't
   think there is a standard way of doing that yet. Maybe later.)

IMHO the positions should not be hardcoded and if they do not appear in
useful positions I'd consider that a bug in the WM... in practice
however it may make sense.
To save the window positions all the other apps I know of use gconf, but
we currently do not depend on it.

If you decide to take a more active role in window positioning, please
consider the behaviour of pane-based window managers (ratpoison,
ion, fvwm-partition, larswm trswm, wmi, evilwm); where the concept of a
position may not be honoured.

I would hazard a suggestion that in today's open-source world, a broken
window manager should be fixed, rather than compensated by
applications...

--
Jonathan Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/