[Glade-devel] Commit -- latest patches

On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 06:09:07PM +0200, Joaquin Cuenca Abela wrote:
And where can we put the label with the shortcut?
Should we put it at the same place as the current edit box?  or as
another
column on the tree view?

Maybe it's better to just put a "kind of" edit box that captures the key
pressed when it's focused, instead of the "show a window a do a grab"
approach.  We'll lost the possibility of capturing shortcuts like
Alt-TAB (every shortcut that's used by the WM), but it's not a good idea
anyway to set such a shortcut to a menu item...
What about using libeggs accel-cell, which is also used by gnome-terminal's
Accel-Editor?
I think, this kind of accel-editing is quite intuitive.

And btw: if you can't set an accel because your WM uses it, you'll never be
able to use it. So that's no real shortcoming...

Ron