[Gimp-user] crop to content

Hi - thanks for the quick reply. I wondered if it had to do with the
slight
non-uniformity of the pixel color in the border. I appreciate all your
advice,
but I really wanted an "automatic" process because I have a LOT of
these
bordered photos, and hoped to batch process them.

I see what you mean about rotation. My sample image is very slightly
rotated,
and I would think my other images all have some version of the same
issue. I can
tolerate that as these images are for family archives.

I should have mentioned that my main goal in eliminating the borders
was so I
could use, in a batch process, Auto - White Balance to remove color
casts from
many of the old B&W or color photos. From experimenting, the white
border seemed
to mess this up. Without the border, the White Balance result seemed
usually
"good enough" for my purpose.

So maybe I can suggest (somewhere) to the developers to add some
parameters that
permit some range in values for the border color in "Crop to content".

Thanks again! I now understand what the issues are.

Depends on your images but you might get away with the old divide-scanned-images
script. There are various enhanced versions but the original is worth a try.

Usually as its name, split up a page with several images but a single image
works.

Can be used individually or in a batch mode. Quick video demo, duration 2
minutes, using the batch function.

https://youtu.be/Ozc5WnlMnWY

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1354/original/DivideScannedImages.scm