[Gimp-user] crop to content

Just starting on this project, so I need to check on greyscale scanning of
greyscale images with color casts, versus color scanning with post-processing to
correct. So for now I'll put aside the greyscale images and just consider color
ones.

I'm scanning with a Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500. The automatic document feeding is
great. I does de-skewing, but I guess based on the sample image I posted, I now
realize it's not perfect in that respect.

I was not aware of rawtherapee or darktable. Will look around there some more.

I read more about how white balance is actually done - with multipliers - so I
now understand how that can blow out highlights in the red and blue channels.
Still might be OK for most images in a batch process, but of course I would
check each image and set aside those that need extra work.

I need to check the suggestion in the reply from rich404 - maybe one of the
scripts will do a "shrink wrap".

About your suggestion of doing auto white balance on a sample from the middle
image - where do I find in Gimp what new multipliers it chose?

--
geop (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)