Re: [Gimp-user] Text with accents

On Thu, 2020-08-27 at 07:32 +0100, Ken Moffat via gimp-user-list wrote:
Hi,
 when I type ä
(a-umlaut if you can't read that) I just get a plain a.  Similarly
with other accents, although my key for ß (capital letter sharp S)
works.

Make sure the font supports this character.
For example, open it in fontforge. Or, make a text file with the ü in
it and some other characters, and run,
pango-view --font='Helvetica 36'
(where Helvetica is the name of the font you are using).

I'm using regular accents e.g. U+00e4 for small letter a with
diaeresis, not combining characters because I don't have those
mapped on my keyboard.

It should work fine.

slave liam (ankh)
Click here to have the slave beaten.