Re: [Gimp-user] Text with accents

* Ken Moffat via gimp-user-list <gimp-user-list gnome org> [08-27-20 10:28]:
On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 08:52:59AM -0400, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Ken Moffat via gimp-user-list <gimp-user-list gnome org> [08-27-20 02:43]:
Hi,

I'm using 2.10.20 and I want to create some text using accents
(specifically, in the first case, a german umlaut).  I've found out
how to use the installed system fonts (backsppace to the beginning
of hte font name, type the first letter, choose from list) and I've
chosen one which I think will look right.  But when I type ä
(a-umlaut if you can't read that) I just get a plain a.  Similarly
with other accents, although my key for ß (capital letter sharp S)
works.

I'm using regular accents e.g. U+00e4 for small letter a with
diaeresis, not combining characters because I don't have those
mapped on my keyboard.

Is there any way to get the accented letters ?

your "accented" letter "ä" shows fine here.  Maybe your not displaying
utf8 ???

You mean it displays fine in the mail, or that you managed to get it
in text in the gimp ?  I'm fully UTF-8 here, as confirmed by the
sharp S displaying in the gimp.

yes, sorry for the noise.  It displays properly in the mail.

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo               paka @ IRCnet freenode