Re: [Gimp-user] transparent background becomes black

Am 17.07.19 um 04:25 schrieb DannyBones:

i wasted all day trying everything, and at least 10 tutorials, to fix
this error. transparent background saved in jpg or png becomes black.
i would really appreciate any help

I think I know what's going on though I can't fix it. I'm having the same issue,
whenever I export to a JPG, it has aways exported correctly, when I opened the
JPG, it has a white background. Today, I exported the same file, and and now has
the black background, which is no good. I went on another computer and exported
the same file and it works perfectly, white background. So I went and updated to
the newest version of Gimp, but no dice, it still has it back background. so
something funny with the computer, or a Gimp glitch.  Maybe a complete uninstall
will help.

How many layers does the file have in GIMP when you export it, and what
is the background color selector (those two boxes blow the toolbox) set to?

--
Regards,
Michael