[Gimp-user] transparent background becomes black

I think I know what's going on though I can't fix it. I'm having the
same issue, whenever I export to a JPG, it has aways exported
correctly, when I opened the JPG, it has a white background. Today, I
exported the same file, and and now has the black background, which is
no good. I went on another computer and exported the same file and it
works perfectly, white background. So I went and updated to the newest
version of Gimp, but no dice, it still has it back background. so
something funny with the computer, or a Gimp glitch.  Maybe a complete
uninstall will help.

I do not know why Windows users think that continually reinstalling solves a
problem.  Most probably a setting that is in the Gimp profile and the Gimp
profile is not removed / changed by a reinstall - up to you to fix that.

More than a best guess. Sometime in the past the FG / BG colours were swapped
The BG colour is now black. Gimp uses that colour to replace any transparency.

The default Gimp state of saving settings for the next session always causes
problems for unwary beginners. It can of course, be changed in Gimp preferences.

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1216/original/01-BG.jpg

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)