[Gimp-user] Gimp 2.10.8 Plugin Registry

Thanks very much! The appimage works great. The gimp 2.10.8
installation I have is the flatpak version. It is ssaid to be the
recommended way to install but here it seems to be even more
complicated if not impossible to add third party plug-ins. So, I guess
for the time being I am happy with the appimage.

You are correct about the flatpak. I use 2.10.8 flatpak in a Kubuntu 16.04.
There are ways-and-means of getting many plugins working. Lack of QT support
means no gmic_qt plugin. Too many dependency issues for both gutenprint and
SANE. Apart from that, python plugins and script-fu works ok.

Why use it, still plenty questions around from Gimp 2.8.x users, so I run that
as well.

Up to you but a Kubuntu 18.10 has an end-of-life 2019-07 while Kubuntu 18.04 is
2023-04 All depends how you want to maintain your installation.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)