[Gimp-user] Is uninstall needed before update

Do I need to uninstall my old version of GIMP before installing a new version? I
am going from 2.6 to 2.10 on a Windows 10 PC. I think in this case maybe not
because 2.6 is 32 bit and 2.10 is (as I recall) 64 bit....But in general - for
this or any update- should the old version be removed first? I looked all over
the internet and user guides and could not find this very basic piece of info.
Thanks - Bob-o-matic.

--
Bob-o-matic (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)