[Gimp-user] Gimp 2.10.8 Plugin Registry

The plug-in I am looking for is the 'resynthesizer'. In the backuo
directory you mentioned i only found a version, which obviously was
built for Gimp for Windows as it contains .exe files. Then, after
installing Gimp 2.99, I tried a set of files providded by another Gimp
user:

plugin-heal-selection.py
plugin-heal-transparency.py
resynthesizer
resynthesizer-gui

Gimp 2.99 this time. Where did you get that version of Gimp? What happened to
Gimp 2.10.8?

plugin-heal-selection.py plugin-heal-transparency.py resynthesizer
resynthesizer-gui from another use? What linux and version of Gimp is other user
using? Are they compatible with 'buntu?

Assuming compatible, are they marked ***executable***. That is the usual reason
for plugins not showing. You can check using the file browser and file
properties

and copied them into the folder /usr/lib/gimp/2.99/plug-ins/.
Obviously, this is not quite the way to do it, as Gimp does not
display them in the plug-in browser. Is there a way I can use these
files?

Certainly is not the way to do it.

Where did that folder come from? The Gimp library directory for plugins is
usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins The screenshot is the plugins you installed yesterday
using the gimp-plugin-registry package. Have those gone? I hope they have.

The place to install your plug-ins is in your home partition. The Gimp user
profile, that is what it is there for. For Gimp 2.99 will be the hidden folder
~/.config/GIMP/2.99/plug-ins Please check that you have that folder. You might
have a ~/.config/GIMP/2.10/.. as well, if you previously had 2.10 installed.

Attached the plugins I use (and compiled) in Gimp 2.10 They all have permissions
set, all you have to do is unzip into ~/.config/GIMP/2.99/plug-ins

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1090/original/plugins.jpg
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1091/original/resynth203.zip