[Gimp-user] Exporting .gif files corrupts color information.

.....snip.....
Best guess. Your game is using the grey (#878787) for a transparency
mask, rather than the more usual white.

In the original gif entry 255 is that color and selecting it (right
click in color map) shows the extent (1). There is another #878787 in
the colormap and only assigned to a few pixels (2)

In your export entry 255 is not set and the #878787 grey is assigned
to that other #878787 (3)

To get a gif out in that format (4)

Add an alpha channel

Set the BG colour to #878787

Export as a gif.

Can not comment on the other images, they are jpegs. It will be some
screw-up with a non-standard colormap.

Thanks, I'll try that. I only added the jpgs to demonstrate the expected and
actual outcomes, the problem lies in the original gif files anyway.

--
Blasphemous (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)