[Gimp-user] Problem completing install Mac

Using system 10.14.2 (Mohave). I can install the program. When I open it, I go
through the steps to authorize installation and it opens and is functional. But
the application is never installed, just the installer dmg and I must go through
this each time I open the program. I've opened the lock in the privacy section
of the system preferences, checked allow install, etc. However, only the
installer remains on my drive. Would appreciate some help. Thanks.

--
MtnMarty (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)