[Gimp-user] Can't Install 2.10.14

Am 25.12.19 um 22:41 schrieb Blanco2020:
You now got 2.10.0-RC1, an ancient pre-release of GIMP 2.10.0

You could be running into the following issue with 2.10.14:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/issues/4385

Please check if this could apply to your case (see what people write
in
the comments there and compare this to your system) and report back,
getting more data points about the problems helps to prove or disprove
our current assumptions.

It's currently not know what exactly is happening there, especially as
the only change between the previous version of the 2.10.14 installer
and the current one is the fix for a different issue (where the Sophos
anti-malware applications were blocking access to one of GIMP's
dependency libraries).

--
Regards,
Michael

This post was very helpful.  I dl'd 2.10.12 and opened it up with no problems.
Knowing 2.10.14 is giving other users problems makes it far less frustrating for
me.  I suppose I'll wait a couple of months and try to dl and open 2.10.14
again.  Hopefully the issue will be resolved by then.

--
Blanco2020 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)