Re: [Gimp-user] New Version of GIMP

Just a couple of quick things...

On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 2:30 PM John Smith via gimp-user-list <
gimp-user-list gnome org> wrote:

Firstly when reducing the size of an image why is the smaller image less
sharp? surely it should be more sharp not less! The older version of Gimp
sharpens the image when reducing the image size and seems to retain image
sharpness even when increasing the image size quite significantly. The new
version of GIMP does neither.

Scaling down requires that you throw away information in some way - the
method in which you do this may or may not minimize the perceived loss of
"sharpness".  As Alex said, try NoHalo to see if it suits you.

When copying part of an image why can't I paste it multiple times with one
click?.This could be done easily on the previous version but it now
requires the image to be copied and pasted every time which is incredibly
time consuming.

Chances are your default keyboard shortcut for pasting is to simply
"Paste", which will create a new floating selection that will need to be
anchored before you can paste another floating selection.

I would recommend that you consider changing the keyboard shortcut for
"Ctrl-V" to be "Paste as new layer" (edit-paste-as-new-layer).  This will
likely give you the functionality you may be expecting.
--
https://patdavid.net
GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC