[Gimp-user] Gimp 2.10 very slow

I should add no one here claimed to be experts, no one claimed to have wasted
money, the car references were simply a different way to explain the performance
gap. The lambo being the fastest current production car and the pinto being one
of the slowest.

A gimp expert would dig in and fix it. A photography expert would use a paid
alternative.

an open source product can not be great without bug reports and forums like
this.

Like others in this thread, I did start with a clean slate. My current build had
never had GiMP installed on it. However wasn't a total fresh win install. So I
may try to clean things up better, but to be honest, the installer program
should be doing that cleaning.....in a perfect world. Without feedback open
source gets no where near perfect.

I am not trying to start a flame war, just trying to understand that severely
off base comment.  Chocking it up to sarcasm for the moment. Comparing someone
to edsel implies the someone is a business, yeah not so much. Just someone who
used gimp to make some images for a pet project.

As someone who values all of my time, that paid alternative would have been less
expensive. Just saying. There is no such thing as free. Everything has an
expense. This is not a complaint, it''s a fact I chose to go the "Free" route, I
then chose to upgrade to an untested (by me) product for a project I wasn't
quite done with yet.  I then chose to make my experience known so that those who
are experts at gimp can have a look and see what's going on, and if I am lucky
can fix it. Most importantly of all, someone who hasn't upgraded yet may read
this thread learning to go about the process differently than I did and as a
result have a much better experience. Lord knows forums have saved me numerous
times.

While I am at it, I should clarify, I don't have a load time issue with 2.10, I
have an everything else is slow issue. It frequently stops responding for the
most mundane of tasks, well nearly every operation. Merely out of curiosity,
when I am done with this project I will attempt a deep clean and see what
happens.  It does sound like a registry reference to a deleted file didn't get
cleaned up during the install process.

--
wireless112 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)