Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2018 3:00 PM
To: wireless112 ; gimp-user-list gnome org
Cc: notifications gimpusers com
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Gimp 2.10 very slow

Not to dismiss your experience, mine is different:

GIMP 2.10.0 opens in about 7~8 seconds (first opening of the day; subsequent
openings are faster).
The "Export As" dialogue opens in 4 sec. Ram usage is about 2.07 GB, 26%.
WIN 7 64 Pro, SP 1, 8GB RAM

My initial install experience with 2.10.0 was bad. It opened *very* slowly
and then wouldn't open at all.
- I uninstalled 2.10.0.
- I uninstalled 2.8.16 (which supposedly had been uninstalled or
overwritten).
- I installed 2.10 to **a brand new folder.**
- It runs like a charm (so far).

Might be worth a try.

Rick S.

-----Original Message----- From: wireless112