[Gimp-user] Poppler-glib for Windows build

In case anyone else has similar problems I managed to get poppler-data
recognised using the following steps:

Download file poppler-data-0.4.8.tar.gz from https://poppler.freedesktop.org/

Unzip the file into folder poppler-data

Move the unzipped files back into poppler-data

make install -j4 $PREFIX

Then copy msys64\usr\local\share\pkgconfig\poppler-data.pc to
                msys64\home\<user name>\prefix\lib\pkgconfig\poppler-data.pc

GIMP then build successfully.

There were two fatal errors when I ran GIMP for the first time relating to not
finding entry points in libgobject-2.0-0.dll and libgmodule-2.0-0.dll. Copying
later (although considerably smaller files) from Partha's 2.9.8/9 installation
resolved the problem (thanks Partha - I hope you don't mind)

I have successfully used to GIMP to open a password protected PDF file (one page
only) so I am assuming that the poppler code is functional.

OK, I finally found the way to make the package manager think that it
had V2.24.31 - files gtk+-2.0.pc and gtk+-win32-2.0.pc in folder
msys64\mingw64\lib\pkgconfig had to be edited.

That just leaves the problem of how to get poppler-data recognised

--
programmer_ceds (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)