Re: [Gimp-user] Poppler-glib for Windows build

Hello,

On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 11:43 AM, programmer_ceds <forums gimpusers com> wrote:
Thanks for your reply Jehan,

As per the title of the thread I am working with Windows (using msys2 and
mingw64). I know that other people build under Windows and was hoping that one
of them might be able to point me in the right direction or post a work-around;
I assumed that I was making a mistake on the basis that I assumed that files
posted on git would at least compile!

As a general rule, unless I want to fix something in a dependency, I
work with the last stable build. Then if there is a problem and I want
the easy way out (i.e. still not having to fix the dependency), I
would just go back in history, but still keep to stable builds.
Also to compile for Windows, I use the tool I built, but this is to
cross-compile from Linux to Windows, and for most dependencies, I just
install them in a single command from pre-built packages. So I can't
really help you. Sorry. Working *on* Windows is just not what I do.
Maybe others will be able to help.

This said, maybe you can try to use the same pre-built package for
Windows (I use the ones from OpenSUSE repositories). Just uncompress
them and use the files in it.

Jehan

Richard
Hello,
Well this is probably the wrong place to ask about *building poppler*.
For this, you should ask to poppler mailing list/bug tracker/whatever
they use.
Maybe they have some bug on their HEAD, I guess.

This said, why do you even build it? Don't you have at least poppler
0.44.0 and poppler-data 0.4.7 in your distribution (assuming you use
Linux)?
These are like 2 years old. Any Linux distribution should already have
these versions or you are using a very outdated distribution.

Jehan

--
programmer_ceds (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)