[Gimp-user] At 100%, my selection hasn't the size it should have

I have another question regarding the ppi question. The image I have has
72ppi*72ppi.
I would like to print it even if I am far from the 300dpi quality.
Does it has a sense to take a resolution of 300dpi to do the calculation you
have done to determine the size in pixels of the image ?

In my case I'd like the image (once printed) to be 13,8189in lenght and
7,9370079in width.
I want the image to have the best quality possible. Am I supposed to use 300dpi
for the calculation

13.8189 * 300 = ...
7.9370079 * 300 = ...

or it will change nothing for the image quality because, natively, the image has
72dpi ? And I should rather do :

13.8189 * 72 = ...
7.9370079 * 72 = ...

?