[Gimp-user] At 100%, my selection hasn't the size it should have

Thank you both of you for the answer.
So if I understand well, to have the printed dimensions I want, it is not
necessary to resize the image or play with the scale tool. All the more so as I
get a quality loss by doing so, right ? But what I can do is do some calculation
with the method below.

When editing images for print, step one is to decide what the size in
inches or cm the printed image will be, and the resolution needed in
pixels per inch or cm.  Multiply the physical size of the finished
printed image by the desired resolution, to find the height and width
in
/pixels/ of the image file you need to create.

Get the correct amount of pixels height and width. After checking the printed
dimension in Image --> Properties, I can eventually adjust these parameters with
the scale tool.
Tell me if I am right, with this method, on the screen, at 100%, I will not have
the correct size ? Because it is only an information for printing ? In my case,
when I do like that, the size dimension on the screen doesn't change at all, but
the values in "Image --> Properties" do.

I tried to figure out how I could get the same result by only changing the ppi.
Is there a calculation that allows to get the same result that with the first
method ?

thank you again

--
qsdqsd (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)