Re: [Gimp-user] Gimp crashes on startup

On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 5:16 PM, davitof <forums gimpusers com> wrote:

Me again :-)

One last thing: Partha's installers load without crashing, but I can't use
them
because I don't see any readable character, only small rectangles in place
of
letters. This is a distinct issue, but this shows once again that different
installers from the standard gimp installer seem to work.

OK, so now I have a fallback solution: use Gimp Portable. But I still
don't know
what the original problem was, and I'd rather use a standard installation.

My builds provide a logfile when they run. Can you send that to me?

The logfile is located in your $TEMP folder and is called
__gimpun-2.8-run.log (or similar). Your $TEMP folder is usually
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Temp

You can contacted me at the email address on my website.

Thanks,
Partha