[Gimp-user] Gimp does not open images - unknown file message

Hi Minikin,

On Sat, 04 Mar 2017 16:28:36 +0100
Minikin <forums gimpusers com> wrote:
I see.
GIMP here opens that greyscale JPEG photo of a dog fine. It's possible
you have
some problems with plug-ins. If you're not afraid of using the command
line /
console / terminal / etc. you can try using dtruss (see
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=strace+os+x&ia=web ) or similar to see what
is going
wrong (or at least compress the dump and send it to us for analysis).

Regards,

-- Shlomi

Thank you for helping. I  know the terminal but I never use it. It would help if
you could provide me with a command for me to enter in the terminal and I will
send the results to you. Again, thank you for taking time.

--
Minikin (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)