[Gimp-user] Gimp does not open images - unknown file message

Hi Minkin,

On Wed, 01 Mar 2017 17:41:20 +0100
Minikin <forums gimpusers com> wrote:
here on mageia linux v6 I am able to open this image perfectly fine -
http://www.shlomifish.org/Files/files/images/bin-puzzle-2016-05-04.png
. Can
you try:

1. Opening that particular image.

2. Sending us an image that you are unable to open.

regards,

      Shlomi

Hi Shlomi.

1. No Gimp does not want to open the image you linked to (see image attached). I
even have to chose "All files" when I want to open an image because Gimp does
not even find images.

2. I will attach an example of an image I want to open.

I uninstalled and installed Gimp again. Same problem.

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/496/original/IMG_1081.JPG
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/497/original/pscreen.png

--