Re: [Gimp-user] Gimp does not open images - unknown file message

Hi Minkin,

On Wed, 01 Mar 2017 17:41:20 +0100
Minikin <forums gimpusers com> wrote:

Just downloaded GIMP 2.8.20 to a Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.6. I can not open
any images. I get the message: "Unknown file type". I have uninstalled and
reinstalled the program several times. Does anyone know how to fix this?

here on mageia linux v6 I am able to open this image perfectly fine -
http://www.shlomifish.org/Files/files/images/bin-puzzle-2016-05-04.png . Can
you try:

1. Opening that particular image.

2. Sending us an image that you are unable to open.

regards,

        Shlomi