[Gimp-user] gif banners

I attached the files in question,let me know if you need more
information. I did get rid of about half of the layers,I had just
forgotten to "Merge Down" the text into the background color. Thanks
for your assistance.

Can't stand it any longer.....
Remember the basics.
1. If the animation is optimised (it is), un-optimize it
2. Do **not** work in **indexed mode**. Convert the animation to RGB mode.

You got some of it correct. To add a new background, interleave the layers, then
merge each pair down to a layer.
Only 7 layers this time, you could do that manually or use a plugin.

Once you got that working using Gimp to play the animation, (see foxy.xcf.gz)
Now export as an animated gif. Do not try to be clever, set the delay, and use
replace.(see: foxy.gif)
Check that is working
Now you can reopen the gif file and optimise it if required.
(foxy-optimised.gif)

Not on the mailing list, message, attachments in the hands of the gods,
rich

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/279/original/foxy.xcf.gz
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/280/original/foxy.gif