[Gimp-user] gif banners

I attached the files in question,let me know if you need more information. I did
get rid of about half of the layers,I had just forgotten to "Merge Down" the
text into the background color. Thanks for your assistance.

Without seeing the actual gimp file, I am making certain assumptions.
It
looks like each copy of the background layer is identical. If that is
the case then multiple copies does not add anything to the final
product
(not 100% accurate as you can play with how one layer interacts with
the
one below it). I was not sure if you were trying to create an animated
gif. If so, the multiple layers make sense (but not if they are
identical copies). If you are trying to make an animated gif all you
need is one layer for the background color placed on bottom (two if
you
want/need different colors for the gif background and text box
background).

The transparent areas of the gif are going to allow whatever is below
bleed through. The teal is over powering. Try creating a selection the
size of the gif on a new layer, place it below the gif and play with
filling it with neutral colors (white, grey, etc.) until you get the
image looking the way you want it. You can change how the layers
interact (multiply, darken, etc) as that may improve the image. Once
you
have the image (gif) looking the way you want, add a new layer,
placing
it on bottom and fill that layer with the desired color of your text
box. Finally, add your text layer anywhere above that base layer.

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/275/original/wolfrosehelp.xcf
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/276/original/wolfrosehelp2.xcf
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/277/original/wolfrosehelp3.xcf