[Gimp-user] gif banners

it looks like your original image has transparent elements. Try
filling
a selection the size of the original image with white and place it
below
the image. Then fill the entire background with your teal color,
placing
that layer on bottom. Why so many copies of the background layer?
Do you mean put a white background on the wolf on each layer then "merge down"
that with the teal background? I'm still new to all of it but the way I learned
was to have the text+background layers equal the number of layers in the gif
image (wolf) then interleave layers that is the reason for the # of layer. Once
I get it right I will optimize for gif to try to reduce the # of layers,is there
a better way?

--
nayzwolf6913 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)