[Gimp-user] Bug in "arrow" plugin, possible bug with tear-off menus

Also, I like to run the script with "Use new layer for arrow?" turned
off, and "Delete path after arrow was drawn?" turned on. That works
perfectly (the path is removed from the Paths dialog box). But if I
don't like the results and do Edit -> Undo Arrow, the arrow is removed
from the image and the path returns to the Path dialog as the selected
path, but the it (points, handles, path) isn't visible in the image
window, and "Selection From Path" and "Stroke Path" are
grayed-out/inactive in the Toolbox dialog. Even selecting other paths
doesn't make them visible or "stroke-able". At that point creating a
new
path behaves normally, and the Paths dialog can then be used to switch
back and forth between any of the paths and they become
visible/editable/stroke-able as they are selected. It's not that big a
problem, and the original script does the same thing. Maybe some
problem
with gimp-image-undo-group-start/-end, or a bug in the internal
implementation of those methods.

Thanks for the update. There would appear to be something odd with Paths in
V2.8.16 at least. The documentation says that the "eye" icon (to the left of the
"chain" icon and the preview) in the Paths dialog should show an open eye if the
path is visible - for me this icon is blank after I have defined a path.
Clicking on this icon after using the arrow script causes the path to reappear
on the image but in orange/red rather than the normal white - perhaps someone
could try this using V2.9 - if it still behaves the same way (the path isn't
shown after the Undo of the arrow script) then it would be worth filing a bug
report. If the path is shown in V2.9 then I would suggest ignoring the problem.
Re-running the arrow script after the Undo still uses the path even though it
isn't visible so for me it isn't a big issue.

--
programmer_ceds (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)