[Gimp-user] Bug in "arrow" plugin, possible bug with tear-off menus

After 13+ years I let my subscription to gimp-user-list lapse due to excessive bounces (don't know why that was happening). I wasn't following it too much anymore. So of course a month later I have to do some Gimping, run into problems, and need to re-subscribe. Teaches me a lesson. ;)

The "arrow.scm" plugin at http://registry.gimp.org/node/20269 doesn't work under 2.8.16 -- setting the stroke width has no effect (and it doesn't use the global brush width, either). I hacked up a fix: It looks like gimp-context-set-brush-size is now required instead of or in addition to gimp-brush-set-radius. The script hasn't been touched since 2009, and the last comment on the web page is 2013. What's the protocol for submitting a patch, or should I just keep a working copy for myself?

Problem #2: Tear-off menus (2.8.16 again) don't work, at least in my environment (Linux, X11, FVWM window manager). For example, right-click-and-hold in an image window, move down to "Colors >", move across to the submenu and down to "Invert" and release -- that works. But right-click-and-hold, move down to "Colors >", move across to the top "-----" line and release to create a tear-off menu. Then in that new "Colors" menu/window, click on "Invert" and nothing happens. (Actually, something does -- the message area in the lower right corner of the image window changes to say "Invert the colors", but the image doesn't change.) Same (no)thing with menu items that should pop up a dialog window, like "Levels...". But doing a deeper submenu from the tear-off menu, like "Map >" and then "Alien map..." from there does work.

I couldn't find this on Bugzilla. Can anyone else recreate it? I'm guessing it hasn't shown up because everyone's on Windows or some fancy Linux "desktop environment" and/or does the thing where you dock all the menus/windows/dialogs into the main image window (I don't know how to do that, nor why I'd want to).

Thanks for any suggestions. Also for keeping gimp-user-list alive. Were there lots of posts about changing "File -> Save As..." back to allow saving to JPEG/PNG/etc in addition to XCF instead of having to use "File -> Export" while I was gone? ;)

--
MARK
markrubn yahoo com