Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP not remembering Fonts

On Wed, 2016-11-30 at 19:00 +0100, MAD_King wrote:
Hello,

when I create a text and use a font, save the file, close and re-open
it, it
does not remember the font which was used. It always shows either
"Sans"  or no font.

What is "it" here eactly? Do you mean the on-canvas text widget when
you are editing the text of that same text layer? Or the tool options
font display? Or something else?

Did you set the font through Tool Options, or by selecting text on
canvas and using the on-canvas font box?

Does it make a difference where you click in the text?

Is the text of the layer shown using the right font, or does it, too,
revert to "Sans"?

Do you have the font installed in your system still?

What colour socks are you wearing? :) I.e. what else should I have
asked? Which version of GIMP exactly? Which Linux distribution and
version exactly? (or Windows XP? or Mac OS X 10.1.3?)

Liam