Re: [Gimp-user] [Gimp-developer] Time to fork BABL and GEGL

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 11:56 PM, Simon Budig <simon budig de> wrote:
If there were chromaticies for a given "userRGB" which are widely used
in a lot of real world applications, then it might make sense to support
them in a similiar way like we currently do for the sRGB primaries.

Nah, we only need one unbounded PCS ;) – other linear RGB spaces, like
linear adobeRGB, are a matrix transform away from linear bablRGB.
There might however be some non-similar ways to optimize things,
however many of those likely add decision overhead in scenarios like
per scanline calls for partial tile conversions that cancel out the
benefit over just doing a straight matrix transform.

/pippin