[Gimp-user] UI drag and drop issues prevent layer reorder or dialog tab reorder

Hi Jehan,

That's pretty much it except I'm not sure about the drag'n'drop issue
being in Inkscape or not. I'm not very familiar with Inkscape so not
sure what the equivalent problem would be here. It doesn't appear to
have a layer dialogue which would facilitate dragging and dropping as
in GIMP (or at least I can't see it).
If there is something I can check in this regard let me know.

All the best,

Ix

Hi guys,

since  i found so much useful information in this thread i just registered here
to share an interesting thing i discovert.

I had Kaspersky 2014 installed  and after i read the first half of the topic i
updated to the 2015 Version without any changes. So i can just say this is not
the solution. But i had another idea. I have a programm running called
sandboxie. It does what the name says, starting any programm in a sandbox
located on the root of my C:\-Drive.

If i start Gimp in the sandbox the drag and drop works!

I edit the settings of this box so gimp has access on all my harddrives. If i
would not do so, changes on any files would just happen in the box and would
disappear after closing.

So if you want a quick workaround install sandboxie. It´s a bit inconvenient but
works.

-Mangosniper-

--
Mangosniper (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)