Re: [Gimp-user] UI drag and drop issues prevent layer reorder or dialog tab reorder

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 12:07 PM, Ishatix <forums gimpusers com> wrote:
Hi all,

I have encountered this same issue with GIMP 2.8 as well as the associated
Inkscape interface problem (https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/1131428) on
my new Windows 8.1 work laptop.

Thanks for the report. The bug you linked though seems different. It
deals with mouse focus, unresponsive buttons to mouse clicks, etc.
On the other hand, the issue encountered by people on this thread is
about not being able to drag and drop (layers, channels, and such)
within GIMP anymore. Which one was yours? Unresponsive mouse clicks?
Broken drag and drop? Both?

In any case, if it turns out to be the same issue as others here
(broken drag and drop on both GIMP and Inkscape), that's very useful
information. It means the bug is likely in GTK+.

After some investigation I have discovered that the interfering software in my
case is the following AutoHotKey script:
http://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Skrommel/DimScreen/DimScreen.ahk

This AutoHotkey stuff is apparently Free Software, so that's good
news. It may help us investigate by seeing what it does.
I'll still wait for you confirming that's the same drag'n drop issue
first, because acknowledging this information though. I don't want to
go on a wild-goose chase.
Thanks!

Jehan

Happily I do not make much use of this script on this laptop so have simply
stopped using it as a workaround. However I have used this script for years (and
still continue to) on two older Vista laptops without it causing this
interference. So I guess there is more to this / additional Windows dependency.

I hope that helps the developers to narrow down the cause. Let me know if you
would like any more details / tests.

All the best,

Ix

--