[Gimp-user] UI drag and drop issues prevent layer reorder or dialog tab reorder

Hi all,

I have encountered this same issue with GIMP 2.8 as well as the associated
Inkscape interface problem (https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/1131428) on
my new Windows 8.1 work laptop.

After some investigation I have discovered that the interfering software in my
case is the following AutoHotKey script:
http://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Skrommel/DimScreen/DimScreen.ahk

Happily I do not make much use of this script on this laptop so have simply
stopped using it as a workaround. However I have used this script for years (and
still continue to) on two older Vista laptops without it causing this
interference. So I guess there is more to this / additional Windows dependency.

I hope that helps the developers to narrow down the cause. Let me know if you
would like any more details / tests.

All the best,

Ix

--