[Gimp-user] Adware/malware in Gimp Windows distribution?

Hi,

My girlfriend downloaded the GIMP windows build referenced off the GIMP.org website and it seems to have a
Malware/Adware package called "Sweetpacks" bundled with it. I realize that the Windows version of GIMP is
linked with a "hey, this isn't us" kind of disclaimer but the fact that GIMP.org links to it gives the sense
that its contents are trustworthy or, at least, not hostile. If there is really no validation of that
distribution and it contains these kinds of softwares then it may not be such a good idea to have GIMP.org
linking to it.

My $0.02,
~Ean

ps. I use GIMP all the time on my Debian box and love it so please take this in the constructive sense that
it is intended.

--
Ean Schuessler, CTO
ean brainfood com