Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP Training Course

Thanks, Steve!
I stay young (well, sort of) by being always a newby.
You make staying a newby very difficult.
grins
Pete

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 2:27 PM, <admin pilobilus net> wrote:

On 09.10.2013 10:24, Jo Gandaa wrote:

 I deliver different Art and I.T based workshops at a community
centre, previously Graphic Design & Digital Editing Training for

Adults

During the Graphics training I used Macromedia Fireworks however I
would like to deliver another course using GIMP for practical and
financial reasons.

Proprietary commercial software is absurdly expensive and that rules out
its use in a classroom setting unless you are doing a very expensive,
vendor endorsed certification class.  But if teaching image editing to
beginners is the real objective, there is no excuse for that; the GIMP
exists.

I have a tutorial up that provides basic orientation, including how to
customize the interface and a couple of useful tweaks like setting up a
keyboard + mouse wheel command to change brush size on the fly.  There's
also a quick intro to layers and layer masks, and links to suggested
resources for practical instruction in common editing tasks.  You might be
able to pull some useful stuff out of it.

http://pilobilus.net/gimp_**tutorial.html<http://pilobilus.net/gimp_tutorial.html>

:o)

Steve