Re: [Gimp-user] A sad case of regression ? [saving undo history]

Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 08:40:34 -0500
From: jnagyjr1978 gmail com
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] A sad case of regression ? [saving undo history]

On Sat, 2013-06-15 at 08:03 -0700, Richard Gitschlag wrote:
How often is Undo history ACTUALLY needed by the user, beyond fixing a
ten-seconds-ago mistake?  I can't personally name a single application
that stores undo history with the document's workfile; but if you can,
let me know.

Office software, when you set it to display revisions, in a way saves
undo history.

Come to think of it, I've used that.  MS Word's "Track Changes" feature turns out to be quite useful when
you're proofreading someone else's copy.  But it is not a full undo history, just a diff between the original
(oldest) and revised (newest) copies.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com