Re: [Gimp-user] A sad case of regression ? [saving undo history]

On 06/15/13 22:38, Liam R E Quin wrote:
On Sat, 2013-06-15 at 08:03 -0700, Richard Gitschlag wrote:
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 11:30:43 +0200
From: schumaml gmx de
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] A sad case of regression ?

. . . That's not perfect yet - for example, you lose the undo history . . .

How often is Undo history ACTUALLY needed by the user, beyond fixing a
ten-seconds-ago mistake?  I can't personally name a single application
that stores undo history with the document's workfile; but if you can,
let me know.

"no-one swims across the river here so we don't need a bridge"?

I've used commercial software that stored editing history in a database
- you can go back through the entire history of most aircraft manuals
and see all the edits, for example, for obvious legal reasons.

I've many times wished I could save undo history - e.g. I'm
experimenting, but my flight is boarding or my battery is low.

Liam

Office software, when you set it to display revisions, in a way saves undo history.

--
Yours in Christ,

Joseph A Nagy Jr
"Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction
is stupid." -- Proverbs 12:1
Original content CopyFree (F) under the OWL http://copyfree.org/licenses/owl/license.txt