Re: [Gimp-user] Funding new features in gimp - what features wouldyou choose?

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 11:02 PM, wietrzny wrote:

P.S. I don't understand how this crowd gathered money would make
Gimp developers code changes to Gimp. Are we going to hire someone
to code this changes for us, or it will be kind of prize for supplying Gimp
fork, that work as we want? Otherwise it would be nice to hear from
developers, that feature we desire is "available".

*cough* A news post from 2013-09-23 on gimp.org specifically addresses that :)

Alexandre