Re: [Gimp-user] HATE the new save vs. export behavior

* Jernej Simončič <jernej|s-gmane eternallybored org> [08-12-13 12:02]:
On Mon, 12 Aug 2013 08:56:22 -0700, Richard Gitschlag wrote:

Speaking of Excel, Excel has really weird cut-and-paste behavior compared to every other app I know; the
Cut command doesn't actually remove anything from the document or place it on the clipboard, it just
marks it with marching ants (distinct from the normal click-and-drag selection) and only when you hit the
Paste command does it actually cut/paste.  A side effect is that you can only do one paste per cut
(unlike with copy/paste).

Everything clipboard-related is pretty broken in Excel. The copied content
is lost if you type something (but here's something funny: if you copy,
then paste, then type something, the copied content is lost; however, if
you then undo twice - undoing both the typing and the pasting, you can then
paste again).

And there is a particular reason why we are *really* interested in
*anything* to do with excel?  It does help learning and using gimp?

--
(paka)Patrick Shanahan       Plainfield, Indiana, USA      HOG # US1244711
http://en.opensuse.org                           openSUSE Community Member