Re: [Gimp-user] HATE the new save vs. export behavior

On 08/11/2013 03:41 PM, Richard Gitschlag wrote:
> On the contrary, this is the dangerous situation...
> - load file
> - create complicated selection/path to update part of the image
> - update that part
> - export image
> - quit (and throw the selection away...).
>
> IMHO the only safe case is when the image has one singe layer without
> mask, no channels, no paths, no selections.

GIMP is the only application I know of where the selection mask is considered actual document content (rather than an interface entity used for manipulating document content). That was a very workflow-breaking issue to come to terms with, and actually much more so than Save vs. Export.

When you work on complicated selections, this is a very useful feature...